Web developer: 5–7 years of experience
We’re looking for a web developer (5–7 years of experience) to join our digital team—the ideal match will be someone who loves working with small project teams (strategists, writers, designers and project managers) to create amazing digital experiences.
The developer’s responsibilities include hands-on building of websites and digital tools, from concept all the way to completion.Technical skills:
- Back-end: PHP and database administration (MySQL and other common database technologies)
- Content management systems: WordPress and Drupal (other CMS experience a bonus), including working with customized themes, plug-ins, modules, etc.
- Version control: Git (nice to have)
- Design: Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator (for working with design files supplied by creative team)
- WCAG: Understanding of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (nice to have)
- Working with project teams to plan websites and digital tools within G&S’s development methodology
- Working with design teams to implement front-end design and develop supporting back-end
- Developing web applications using a range of solutions based on project requirements (from hard-coding static sites to providing dynamic, updatable content using WordPress, Drupal or other CMS platforms)
- Optimization of applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Troubleshooting and debugging applications
- Creating and maintaining software documentation
Please send introduction letter, salary expectations and resume to email@example.com
We will only contact those we wish to interview. No telephone calls, please. Canadian applicants only, please.