Goods & Services is looking for a writer/editor, with three to five years of experience at leading agencies, to join our team. The right person will have a passion for their craft, love to address challenges every day and never want to stop learning about new ideas. They must want to share information and collaborate with a team of like-minded people who are striving for excellence and recognition.
The chosen applicant will work within a team of award-winning writers, designers, account managers, developers and strategists on national and international projects.Must have the following:
- Minimum of three years of relevant experience
- Very strong writing, editing, proofreading skills (must successfully complete editing and proofreading tests)
- Very strong understanding of grammar and usage, as well as the ability to communicate reasoning behind editing and proofreading changes
- Very strong writing skills
- Must have experience in creating a broad range of materials, such as ad concepts and copy, corporate communications (brochures, product sheets, brand books, presentations) and websites
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively and under the supervision of the Director of Communications
- Strong time-management skills, able to keep track of numerous tasks and deadlines, and share ownership of projects within a team
- Collaborating and communicating with editorial and account group staff to ensure consistency and quality of all written, edited and proofread materials
- Editing and proofreading documents using MSWord and Adobe Acrobat track changes functions
- Writing and rewriting content for client and internal initiatives
- Developing, updating and following formal and informal brand and content standards
- Tracking time on projects and working within assigned project budgets•
- Working with account group on scheduling and providing status updates at a moment’s notice
- Project and office administration
- Education—journalism, communications
- Researching, interviewing, fact-checking skills
- Experience in quoting costs
- Communications-planning experience
- Understanding of basic design/typesetting principles
Please send PDF submissions, including resume and samples of your work, no more than 5MB in size, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will only contact those we wish to interview.