Goods & Services is looking for a writer/editor, with three to five years of experience, to join our team. The right person will have a passion for their craft, love to address challenges every day and never want to stop learning about new ideas. They must want to share information and collaborate with a team of like-minded people who are striving for excellence and recognition.
The chosen applicant will work within a team of award-winning writers, designers, account managers, developers and strategists on national and international projects.Must have the following:
- Education: journalism, communications, or a related field of study
- Minimum of three years of relevant experience
- Very strong writing, editing, proofreading skills (must successfully complete editing and proofreading tests)
- Very strong understanding of grammar and usage, as well as the ability to communicate reasoning behind editing and proofreading changes
- Very strong writing skills
- Experience in creating a broad range of materials, such as news articles, ad concepts and copy, corporate communications (brochures, product sheets, brand books, presentations) and websites
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively and under the supervision of Creative Directors
- Strong time-management skills; ability to keep track of numerous tasks and deadlines, and share ownership of projects within a team
- Collaborating and communicating with editorial and account group staff to ensure consistency and quality of all written, edited and proofread materials
- Editing and proofreading documents using MSWord and Adobe Acrobat track changes functions
- Writing and rewriting content for client and internal initiatives
- Developing, updating and following formal and informal brand and content standards
- Researching, interviewing, fact-checking
- Tracking time on projects and working within assigned project budgets
- Working with account group on scheduling and providing status updates
- Project and office administration
Please send PDF submissions, including resume and samples of your work, no more than 5MB in size, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will only contact those we wish to interview. No telephone calls, please.